Friday, March 15, 2013

Week 38 & Day 6: Only 8 Days To Go!

"One 8 Days To Go!"  That's my pregnancy ticker was showing when I logged into TB today.  That's right, my due date is next weekend!!!!  I have so many updates.

OB Appointment
NST -   It was another success one!  She was a bit sleepy when I got hooked up, but she eventually started moving, so my OB said she is an A+ baby :)
Effaced - Still around 80%
Dilation - Fingertip dilated, so looks like I am tiny bit dilated.
Station - -1 station.  This was new to me, so I looked up what it means.  Station is how far the baby is away from my cervix, so looks like my baby's head is 1 cm away from my cervix.  My OB said, the baby is dropped quite low and he can feel her head (eeeeks!!)   

Mom
Mom is here!!!  She came all the way from far away land of Japan and I am so happy that I didn't go into a labor earlier because I wanted to spend some time with my mom catching up.  She is staying for about 2 months, so she will be a big help.  However, my DH and I had to sit down and talk about this.  I learned that many men feel a bit out of loop when in-law is helping with a newborn, so we made sure to openly talk if my mom gets on our way.  My DH will be the only person during the labor and everyone will be outside to wait until the baby is born. 

Animals    
I am little bit concern about our 3 fluffy daughters...  My dog is very spoiled and attention freak, so I hope she does not get jealous of the new baby.  I've looked into tips on how to prepare for my pets.  We have baby stuff everywhere in the house and I let my dog smell the diapers, but she was so indifferent!  I am also worried about cats because I heard they love the smell of milk. They can jump really high, so the last thing I want to discover is that cats are snuggling with the baby in bassinet or crib!!!

I also took my pup to a grooming salon today. (She goes to the Petsmart grooming salon more frequently than I go to a salon lately!)  She is clearn, so she is ready to meet her new sister :)


Got haircut and shampoo for my sis!

Baby Showers from DH's Work   
This was unexpected and was so sweet of girls at his office to throw us a shower!!!  We had a lunchen and they gave us great baby gifts!  2 years subscription of Parent magazine, Video monitor from my registry and tons of cute outfits and rockstar (Ed Harley) onesies!!!   

Prenatal Massage
My in-law gave me a gift card for a massage at a spa called "Becoming Mom" which specializes prenatal massages.  I wanted to go after I am full term as a treat, so I booked an appointment on Saturday afternoon.  O.M.G.  I had the best massage experience!!!!  I told the masseuse about my sciatic & back pain and her technique and pressure level was heavenly.  I usually don't talk during a massage, but since she knew so much about becoming mom, we kept talking the entire time!  It was really great, so I am going back to her postpartum massage for sure.

Me
I am still doing great.  I had a lot of cramps and problems walking normal last Friday, so I thought that was it that I was in labor, but nope, I was wrong.  My discomfort went away after I slept well that night.  I was curious how my mental state would be the week before my due date, but I am as happy as I can be.  At this point, I am not scared of anything in terms of epi, c-section, labor pain, etc.  I feel ready to welcome my daughter, but DH and I are swamped at work, so we won't mind if she arrives around our due date!  I just feel so much excitement from ppl around us and I cannot keep my thoughts away from my little girl who is still moving quite bit.  Let the countdown begin for the big day!!!!!!       

No comments:

Post a Comment