Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Week 39 & 3 Days: Almost to the Finish Line

4 days till my due date of March 23rd (Saturday).....OMG!!
It felt forever at some point, but it indeed went so fast.  I cannot believe that a count down has began.

OB Appointment

Everything looks great and there was a progress!!  I was a finger tip dilated last week, but it's 2cm now.  I know it doesn't really mean too much since a progress can stall anytime, but according to my OB, the baby will probably be born this weekend or earlier!!  He told me that 4% women have their babies on their original due date.  He asked me to give them a call if I have labor symptoms like water breaking, contraction b/w 3-5 min apart, bleeding, etc.  If I didn't have any of those, my next appointment would be next week.   

Physically  

I am still feeling ok, but I feel a lot of pressure down low.  I noticed the my discharge has increased.  My baby is moving tons.  I read somewhere that baby movement can decrease as the time gets closer, but I am not sure if it's true for everyone.  My mom said I was moving tons even after her water broke.  I read somewhere if I excercise tons, eat pinapple and spicy food, have sex, etc, I can naturally induce the labor.  I have no clue if they are true of not, but I might give it try around this Thursday or so except having a sex!  My baby is so down low and my OB can feel her head when he does a cervix check, so there is no way I want to have a sex now!

Mentally

My DH and I had a little fight over the weekend and it temporary pushed me away from "the happiest person in the world" mood, but I think I've recovered from it.  I am back on having a good spirit about everything. 

A new feeling developed yesterday though. I went to my last prenatal yoga class last night.  I can still go next week if I didn't have a baby, but it's like 40 minutes drive from home.  I love the instructor, Kate, so I wanted to keep going to the same studio as long as I could, but I decided that it was the last class. 

On the way home from the class, it suddenly hit me that I am so close to the finish line.  My pregnancy journey is almost till the end.  I have a whole another life with the baby after she is born and I am so thrilled to share her with my DH, family & friends, but I am going to really miss the special and intimate bond I've shared with her.  I did spend every moment with her for almost 10 months.  Feeling her movement, hearing her HB, seeing her U/S pictures and a growing belly were beyond amazing experiences for me.  I was the only person who knew when she was moving every time, so I felt like it was a little secret just between us.    

GAME ON, MISS H!!!!   LET'S DO THIS TOGETHER!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment