Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Week 35 & 3 Days: 35/35 Milestone

I actually didn't know what this milestone really is until recently.  The Bump has so many acronym / special glossary terms so I am learning as I go.  I knew 35/35 happens on the week 35, but I didn't know that it also means 35 days left until the due date!!!  35 days doesn't seem too far.  In fact, it's almost a month until the big day.  I have to say the mid part of the 3rd Trimester is going by fast.  After this milestone, the next big one is "full term"!!!!!  

I had a Monday off so I made some progress on my checklist. 

Hospital Bag     
This was a MUST item to do since I had the strange cramp last week.  I've browsed several websites to see what to pack, I think I will just stick to stuff which can fit in my small travel suitcase for now.  I did use the bump checklist.  (http://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/checklist-packing-a-hospital-bag.aspx)

- Comfortable pajama with easy nursing access and bath robe
- Nursing bra / tanktop and nursing pads
- Warm socks / slippers
- Travel size toiletries
- Comfortable change of cloths for when we go home
- Sugar free candy, snacks, chocolate, etc
- Relaxing music CDs 
- "Mom" pendant neckless DH got me for Xmas :)

I still need pack LO's clothes like onesie, mittens, hat,  socks, warm outfit, etc, but I will wait till I am done with my showers this weekend.  As for mittens, I learned that a newborn has very sharp nails, so mittens are must.  I actually bought Gerber long sleeve onesies with mittens.  I also packed a secret bag for my DH.  I put a special onesie "Daddy's princess", his favorite snacks, Red Bulls, Man's travel size toiletries, and a book called "The New Dad's Survival Guide".  I am also going to put a letter, but I am gonna wait to write one until I reach 37th week.  

Breast Pump       
I have BCBS as my insurance company.  I called in advance to make sure they cover a breast pump.  They told me that I first had to get a prescription written by my OB, so I did.  A lactation consultant from a birthing class highly recommended "Medela - Pump in Style Advanced", so I asked my OB to write that down.  Looks like everyone I've talked to said to use a high-end Medela pump.   

Then, I had to go to a medical equipment supplier on the BCBS list to get a pump.  I just picked Drug Mart closest to my home, so I went there last week.  I gave them my insurance info and they said, they need to confirm with my insurance about the coverage amount.  I got an call to pick it up and when I went there, they told me that my insurance will cover about half the cost.  The original price was $299.99 and the insurance paid $154.99, so my out of pocket was $145.  Since my IVF, I saved some money in the HSA account, so I just used the money from there. 

To be honest...it looks really intimidating.  I don't know how it works and I cannot practice yet.  I learned from a class that I should be breast feeding instead of bottle feeding in the first month so that a baby can get used to latch my nipples.  I will have to use a pump from the first month though since I am going back to work 6 weeks after.  I can freeze BM up to 3 months, so I need to stock up for my work and DH!!!
   
Would I look hideous wearing this?

Daycare / Pediatrician
We have chosen both places, but I wanted to officially register at both places.  I went to the daycare and filled out the application form and paid the registration fee to book a spot for May.  My baby girl will be still tiny in May, so it will be hard for me to let her go to a daycare, but I know we are making a right choice.   

I called a pediatrician office and they told me that they won't do pre-registration.  Basically, I just need to call them once I have a baby at the hospital.  Well, it's easy enough.

Nursery / Nesting 
Since we moved into a new house, we started a nursery project and so far, I LOVE our ideas!!!  Our goal is to complete by end of this week, before the shower, so we are making a good progress. 

I haven't started nesting yet, but I did buy a washing detergent.  I've read that Dreft is over kill for the price, so I was looking for some good alternatives.  I was at Target yesterday and was overwhelmed with so many choices!!!!  I ended up choosing "All Free & Clear" as a start.  If it doesn't work, I will do more research.  (http://babyclothes.about.com/od/babyclothingcare/tp/Top7BabyLaundryDetergents.htm)


Starting to nest?
 Me Physically / Mentally
I have a constant low back pain I've been dealing several weeks and it seems getting worse.  I think it's natural as I/baby gains weight every week.  It's not a muscular pain...rather lower back bone ache.  I cannot lay my belly up anymore because the baby's weight pushes down my belly/back, so it's super uncomfortable.  I need to lay sideways all the time, but I feel like I am pushing my baby's head of legs (assuming she might be in a transverse position).       

I also noticed today that I cannot get my wedding band out from my finger!!!  I guess my fingers are starting to swell.  I've heard that your feet swell during the 3rd trimester, but I haven't noticed my feet yet.  I always take off my ring when I come home, so I am not sure if it's better not to wear my ring for a while...

Mentally, I feel I am ready to meet my LO and I wish it was already March.   

No comments:

Post a Comment