Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Week 33 & 3 Days: My Baby Is A Size Of Durian!

I woke up with a leg cramp on Monday morning.  Ouch, it really hurts!!!!  I know this is one of the common pregnancy symptoms, but I cannot get used to it.  I am drinking more water and trying to stretch my feet whenever I remember.

My baby is the size of a durian!  I have never eaten this fruit, but I've heard person either hates it or love it.  I heard it smells really bad like a sweaty feet, yuck!  My old roommate from college told me a story of her aunt trying to bring a durian to the States from Singapore a long time ago.  She put the fruit in her suitcase and checked in.  Her flight didn't take off for a while because people didn't know where the strong smell was coming from!!!  Personally, I feel like I have a watermelon in my belly.  It's getting bigger and bigger!!!

Soooo, my latest news are...
Maternity Photo
We did it!!!!  I am sooooo glad I looked into this and decided to do the official photo shoot.  I did look around to find a reputable photographers, but I found this photographer's brochure at BBB.  She had a first year collection of photo shoot called "Belly to Baby" which includes newborn, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 1 year.  Maternity and birth photography are also available but optional.  It's $140 per session and I think it's really reasonable.  My friends said they paid around $300 for each photo shoot.

My photo session was at her studio and lasted for an hour.  Once she edits the original, she will give me digital copies.  It's perfect because once I get the digital copies, I am going to order prints from Shutterfly or even make a photo book!  I wanted to wear something really simple...simple enough which I can show off my bump, so I just wore a white tank top, leggings & UGG boots.  My DH wore a white polo shirt with sneakers.  None of my regular tank top fully covered my belly, so I went to a maternity store to buy a tank top.  I actually ended up getting a nursing tank.  I need one soon anyway, so why not, right?  I didn't want to show that it was a nursing tank, so I hid the clips on the strap with bows and it turned out pretty cute :)  The photographer let us bring our dog, so she is in some of the photos.  We did sit down, standing up, ones with different backgrounds, etc so we have variety of different type of photographs. I googled some ideas of certain poses, so I shared with her and she accommodated my wish.  I cannot wait to see how they turn out!!!

I am really glad I decided to capture the moment of my 3rd trimester because what if we can never get pregnant again?  We are hopeful since IVF #1 worked for us, but we never know what our future will look like in 3 years...

House                         
We are beyond excited about this because we are finally moving into a new house this weekend!!!!!  It's really hard to contain our excitement at this point and I wish this week flies by!  Our number one priority project is nursery.  The theme of our nursery is teddy bear :)  I collected many teddy bears since I was young, so I have a special place for teddy bears in my heart.  I love them and having a nursery full of teddy bears is my dream!  We picked 2 shades of green for wall paint colors to make it look like a forest.  I ordered a big tree sticker for a wall and a swing chair.  DH got me a huge pink bear when we found out that I was pregnant, so we will place him in the chair.  My baby showers are in 2 weeks, so I hope we can finish the nursery by then.

Baby    
Wow, I can definitely feel differences in baby's movement.  It used to be taps here and there, but they are a lot stronger now.  My belly sometimes shake and it cracks me up!  I could be wrong, but I can kind of tell if certain movements are her hand or feet.  I feel like there is an alien in my belly and she is trying to come out!

By now, I heard that she can recognize and remember my voice, so I have been talking to her more.  I just tell her what's going in my life and how excited I am to see her soon.  I probably should read some books to her, too.  I also try to listen to classical / spa type music whenever possible.  Looks like no one knows for sure if music affect fetal development, but it makes me relax, so that must be good for my baby girl!

It's really hard not to buy too many baby clothes now because I know everyone wants to buy cute baby outfit.  I did get a few cute sleepers. They were darn cute, so I couldn't help it!!  My family friends from NJ sent me a package with tons of baby summer clothes!  They are adorable and I cannot wait to dress my baby girl in those this summer.  It makes me wanna get a cute baby bathing suit, hat. sandals and so many other things which won't be necessary this summer, but thinking about them makes me soooooo excited that we will be holding our LO and enjoying BBQ this summer.            


Cute Summer Outfit!!


No comments:

Post a Comment