Friday, September 14, 2012

Week 12 & 6 Days: NT Scan Result & Life and Death

NT Scan Result

I received a call this morning from the nurse and the result is negative!
She said my risk ratio is 1/5100 and the cutoff point they use is 1/239.  I hope the baby keeps growing healthy until we see him/her in March!

Life & Death  

2 events happened today.  Life & Death.  I have so much in my mind and I need to get it out.

My bestie, Monica was due next Friday.  I got an text from her late last night as I was going to bed and she said her water broke so she is at hospital.  I knew she was on 39th week, so it was not a surprise, but I got so excited and couldn't really fall asleep.  I have been to fair amount of baby showers, but it was my first time to have a really close friend go into a labor.  I kept waking up and checking my phone to see if her DH sent me updates.  He finally sent one in the morning and said "Maria was born 7:25 this morning and both of the mother and baby are doing well."  I wish I could take off work and drive to the hospital to see them, but we are going to visit them tomorrow afternoon.  I AM EXTREMELY ANXIOUS TO MEET THE BABY!  She has been a true amazing friend since I met her.  She supported me so much during my IVF process and any other tough time and she is a one in a million friend.         

My mood got shut down when I received an email from my DH after I came into work.  One of his colleagues committed a suicide last night.  My heart stopped when I read it.  He has a wife and is a father of 2 boys.  We have not hang out with them too often, but we always talk at their company functions.  I am completely shocked.  I traced back my memory about him and my impression was always "He is such a nice guy".  He was funny and was just very nice person.  I did sense a marital problem though.  The wife is very attractive and sort of flirt.  I won't go into details, but I threw a shot glass at her (Technically, at the guy she was hanging out with) at their company trip.  Yeah, I admit everyone including me was drinking/dancing/having good time, but it was very inappropriate because she and another guy who works at the firm and has wife & kids were about to make out.   What are they thinking?! 

I am not sure what was his reason for terminating his life so early and leaving the family behind, but I am just so sad.  What was bothering and was so hard for him that he had to choose this path?  Did he have no choice but this to escape from whatever he was suffering from?  I am deeply sorry for his sorrow.  I cannot imagine what his family is going through now and I don't know if I can find any words to comfort the family when we go to his funeral.                     

I experienced 2 opposite events today.  Life and Death.  I had to let my feelings out so thank you for listening.   

No comments:

Post a Comment