Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Week 14 & 4 Days: My Ducky Is a Size of a Lemon!

14 weeks so I am officially in the second trimester!  We have been calling our baby "Ducky" because the 8 weeks u/s picture showed a mean looking duck, sorry!  I have been a bit obsessed with looking at my belly bump if it's still a "bloat" or "real bump".  Everytime I see a lemon in a supermaket, I think of my little precious :) 

Our announcement to friends and family was a success!  They are all so happy and I feel like a weight lifted off of our shoulder.  We are not coming out to FB yet.  I first thought I might wait till the week 20 after we find out the gender, but I am not sure if I am that patient, so I might come out either after my OB appointment next week or week 16. 

Speaking of FB....I was MAAAAD yesterday!!!!  One of my DH's colleague posted a FB message on my page and said "I meant to tell you guys congratulations on your wonderful news....your baby is going to be so cute, blah, blah, blah".  I didn't notice until 30 minutes after she posted this on my FB and I deleted the post right away, but I am sure a lot of people saw it.  I didn't have a good day at work yesterday, so I was extra mad when this happened.  My thought was "YOU CAN FREAKING CONGRATULATE MY HUSBAND BY GOING INTO HIS OFFICE IN PERSON.  DO YOU SEE ME MAKING AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON FB????  THERE IS A REASON WHY WE ARE NOT GOING TO PUBLIC YET!!!!"  After I deleted the post, I sent her a private message saying that "Sorry, I had to delete your post because we are not completely at a safe zone yet".  She sincerly apologized and I am over it, but it did ruin my coming up announcement a little bit.  I have a cute plan how I am going to make a FB announcement!  My DH thinks it's so cheesy and he doesn't like it, but hey, I am going to be a little bit more creative on this!  

I cannot wait for my next OB appointment.  I don't think they will do u/s, but I need HB assurance that Ducky is growing healthy.  I still cannot detect HB by using the doppler I bought a while back :( 

A couple of things I have tried lately and do NOT like:
- Almond Milk:  I eat cereal with fruits every morning and I was using Organic milk, but I heard Almond Milk is good, so I bought it......I hate the taste!!!!!  I will go back to my Organic milk.

- Coconut Water:  Whole Foods sells different Coconut water brands.  I heard it's a really healthy drink, so I tried it for the first time.  It was an acquired taste.  I tried 3 different brands and I didn't like 2 of them.  The one was not too bad.  It's got a lot of good ingredients such as potassium.    

- Organic French Toast:  We went to an artsy town called "Yellow Spring" last weekend.  They had a well known organic restaurant, so we went there to have a brunch.  I had a big craving for a french toast, so I ordered one...it tasted healthy, but it wasn't tasty...I have been buying more organic products ever than before, but I am going for a regular IHOP french toast next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment