Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Week 11 & 3 Days: First OB Visit

This day is finally here.  No more RE visits.  I have a normal OB who can check and tell me all about pregnancy.  We just moved to a new city and this OB was referred by my RE, so it was a whole new experience today.

We were so busy packing / moving past few weeks, so I wasn't thinking too much about this.  As we settled in the new place last weekend, my anxiety came back......IS MY BABY STILL ALIVE AND  HAVING A HEART BEAT!???!??  I bought a fetal doppler a couple of weeks ago to give me some peace of mind, but I have not been able to hear a HB :(  In hindisight, the sound I thought I heard was definitely mine because it was less than 100.  I know it might be still early to hear a HB, but I was quite dissapointed.  I never had a dream about a baby, but I had 2 baby dreams this week.  One dream was wild!  I was still in the first trimester.  In order to check whether or not if the baby is fine, someone cut my belly open and took the tiny baby out.  I am looking at the LO and thinking "Phew, she/he is healthy and alive".  It's kinda gross!!  Since I went through an infertility, I learned that my fear / anxiety show up in some way or crazy way in my dream.  I told my DH that I am nervous about today.  He said "Me too".

The clinic was very nice and clean.  I filled out several basic new patient forms and met a nurse.  She was very down to earth and asked several questions about my history.  When I told her about IVF, she said she had to go through medicated cycles for her 2 girls.  I felt good knowing that she understands IF.  After she completed her paper, she gave me a bag of stuff including info about optional testings such as NT scan.  I signed up this test for next week.  Then, a lab technitian took 3 bloodwork.  Finally, I met my OB.  He is very chatty and funny!  I immediately felt comfortable with him although he had to conduct a PAP on me today :P  He also did monitor baby's HB.  He found it!!!  I don't know the rate, but it was beating fast!!  I felt so relieved and he told me that after ultrasound confirms your baby’s heartbeat at eight weeks, the risk of miscarriage is only about 3%.  I just looked up about a risk of miscarriage and here it is:   The risk falls even lower (1%) after a normal ultrasound at 16 weeks. I know that the safe zone is after 4 months in Japan as compared to 3 months in the States.

I saw a FB post today from my DH's friend.  The excited couple posted a U/S picture of their 2nd expected baby and her due date is 3/17 (Mine is 3/23, so we are so close!).  I will NOT make a FB announcement until at least 4 months or when we find out about a gender.  Whenever people announce their pregnancies on the FB in the early stage of their pregnancy, I always think they are either brave, they have never encountered a fertility issue, or they might not know the risk of miscaridge in the early stage.  I know 2 girls who did the same thing and ended up losing a baby....

How am I doing lately?
I think my m/s is better.  My boobs are not as sore as before.  My bloat is the same as before.  Appetite for food.....GAH!  This is the hard one.  I am eating something often, but food doesn't make me happy anymore.  I haven't cooked proper meals for weeks.  I cannot seem to make myself buy meat and cook.  My go-to-cookings are:  Tomate sauce pasta & Veg Lo Mein.  Poor husband.....It's not like the smell makes me throw up or anything like that, but I just lost my passion to cook.  My lunch routine (I have been slacking lately) is to go to a gym, walk on a treadmill, and watch Paula Deen & Barefoot Contessa, but even that doesn't make me happy :(

I started feeling better about my pregnancy, so I did some shopping!  I bought 3 books:  Belly Laugh & the Conflict & Dude, you are gonna be dad for hubby.  I also gave in to get a Snoogle!  It just came, so I gotta try the big ass pillow tonight. 


Comfy Snoogle

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment