Thursday, November 8, 2012

Week 20 & 5 Days: "WE" not "I"!!!!

Yaaaaaaayyyyy, I am officially half baked!!!  I cannot believe how fast time is flying by and at the same time, I am finally half way through my pregnancy.  My baby girl is a size of banana and I am so proud of her how well she is doing!

Being half baked is amazing, but there is something else happening with me, too!  I AM FINALLY FEELING HER MOVEMENT!!  It started the day after we found out that she was a girl, so I felt like she was waiting to introduce herself until the official gender reveal.  What does it feel like?  I've heard many girls saying it starts with flutter.  I personally didn't get the fluttering sensation, but it was more like bubbles burst or popcorn popping.  It went from nothing to this feeling, so I did know it was her who was causing it!  I feel it everyday and everywhere, so she is definitely swimming around :)

Feeling her is wonderful.  It's so intimate and private.  My DH felt her movement and his smile was all the way to his ears.  I feel her everyday, so there is a special bond between us and this is something I have never experienced in my life.  I am so in love with her and nothing can intervene this strong connection between me and my little girl.  I am in a completely new mindset and I found myself using "WE" instead "I"!!!!  I am only  doing this to my DH.  When I text, I say "We are doing this and that, we ate this and was good"  Other people might think I am crazy! 

I had a business trip this week, so I had to fly.  I don't usually freak out about flying like my DH does because I have flown many times, but not this time.  I was having a huge anxiety before the flight because it's not just me anymore.  I felt so responsible for this tiny life in me and I was in fact scared to fly for the first time in my life.  I prayed for safe flights and I am so relieved I am back home safely now.  Also, I remembered about this couple.  DH works with the husband and the couple has 2 beautiful kids.  His company planned a company meeting trip a couple of years ago and wife was invited, so I went along.  The couple didn't fly on the same airplane.  We thought they were crazy and didn't understand why they did that.  Now, I totally get it.  I understand why they did that.  They did it that way so that if something happens to one of them, other one could look after their kids.  It really hit me that we are becoming a parent soon.         

It's amazing how instinct kicks in without being taught, but I am already preparing to become a mother and DH and I have started to step into a parenthood as our daughter is growing inside of me everyday.                 
Next milestone.....24 weeks V-day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment