Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Week 23 & Day 4: Monthy OB Appointment

Yesterday was our appointment @ OB's office.  For the first time in the past 23 weeks, I didn't have an anxiety attack before an OB appointment.  I slept good the night before (No nightmare!) and felt really good about the baby's health & progress.  This is because I feel her movement now!!  I feel her when I am at work & sitting on the couch at home.  I think she sleeps while I sleep (Such a good girl!).  I usually don't feel her movement (At least at this point) when I am sleeping on my sides.  Before getting out of bed every morning, it's becoming my routine that I change to lay on my back.  Then, I comfirm her movement and this totally makes my day.  I got a little side track here, but everything was good at the appointment.  They weighted me, took my blood pressure and urine sample.  I gained 5 pounds since the last appointment and I've gained the total of 11 pounds so far, so looks like I am doing good with weight management!  Looks like I am having a glucose test at next appointment, so they gave me a bottle of orange liquid.  I asked if it tastes good and the nurse said, "It's supposed to taste close to orange juice"  Well, I will find out in a couple of weeks....

I met a new OB and it was a female this time.  My clinic has several OBs, so they try to schedule me to meet different ones each time.  I used to prefer a female GYN, but at this point, I really don't care.  I am just hoping to make sure to meet whoever happens to deliver my baby!!  It was fairly a quick check up.  My OB checked a HB and measured my belly from down to top.  HB sounded very strong, so I was very happy about it.  I did ask her a couple of questions... 

1)  "Can I go to a rock concert??"  My DH and I love concerts and we want to go to one this weekend, but I was concerned with loud music because I know she can hear sounds now.  She said "Yes, the baby can hear, but she is protected by many layers, so loud noise will be muffled."             

2)  "My right butt muscle is sore since I got pregant and doesn't go away."  She said "It's probably a sciatic joint pain.  It's common during pregnancy"  Depends on how I move my leg sometimes, it hurts!  Her advice was to use a tennis ball or some sort and massage the area.  I had my DH do that at night and it felt really good. 

3) I also asked her  for referral to pediatricians and she gave me a list of docs around the area.  She told me that I should interview them and pick the one I like.  It was a good advice because I didn't know that I could interview them!  Also, it's not too early to look into one!!  We need to start this now esp. since I am feeling great with the 2nd trimester energy burst!!!       

Once in a while, I get this imposive cravings....they were pancakes & McDonald milk shakes in the past weeks, but a new one hit me after the OB appoinment...DONUT!!  I had to go find a donut store!!  I yelped and found a bakery near by and I was a happy camper when I fullfilled my craving.  YUMMMMMMM!!!!!     
My recent bump picture!

Our first baby outfit purchase!  Couldn't resist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment