Friday, December 7, 2012

Week 24 & Day 5: Pushing!

I am PUSHING!!!! 
Not that I am pushing the baby out obviously, but I am pushing myself to get a lot of must-to-do items done in December.

I wish I could get started on nursery....but we are currently living a small apartment and waiting for our new house to be built.  We go over to our new house every weekend to see the progress and are so excited but looks like we won't be able to get into a new house until Feb!!

HOWEVER, there are still tons of important things I can get started on, so I am hoping to get a lot of important things done this months.

  • Baby birthing class:  We signed up for 4 classes total:  Lamaze one-day, breast feeding, save a baby & Baby care basics.  We've taken 2 so far, so I feel great!!  I was a bit hesitant if we are taking those classes too early and I might forget, but they gave us a good outline and I jotted down some notes, so I have a cheat sheet!  Plus, I will be surrounded by a nurse, lactation consultant, doctor on my big day, so I feel good about birthing procedures.  Oh, I also pre-registered with my hospital :)  It's recommended to avoid going through paper work when we rush into a hospital on our big day! 
  • Day care:  After much consideration, I decided to go back to full time after 6 weeks of my maternity leave.  I was shocked to find out that my company pays $0 during my maternity leave!!  It's relatively a small company and most of employees are men, so what can I do.....  I know how fast 6 weeks go by and my baby will still be small, but this is the decision I made.  Great news is...I successfully negotiated with my boss to let me work from home twice a week, which puts me a need for 3 days day care service.  I am so thankful for this option!  I actually started on a day care investigation since last month.  I already visited 3 facilities and am between 2 places to choose from.  Choosing a day care isn't an easy decision, so I decided to have my DH to visit those 2 places with me next week.  It will probably next May when my little precious starts going to a day care, but picking a place this early isn't early according to my research!  Popular places book up pretty fast and I don't want to be on a waiting list.  I will go into the details once we complete the visit.  
  • Pediatrician:  My bump check list reminds me to start interviewing one!  I asked my OB for referral, so I got a list.  I just made an appointment for a meet-the-doctors with one place.  Their website looked nice and read some good reviews from angieslist.com. (Yes, I am a subscriber and have been using this site to find good doctors, realtors, etc)  I need to research what questions are appropriate to ask though.
  •  Family car:  My current car isn't a family oriented one....so I am looking into trading-in my car with a mid-sized SUV.  I have to admit that I am a bit biased toward particular makers of a car since I am Japanese.  I cannot help it!!!  We've looked at Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Mini & WV, but number of people including my DH told me at least to take a look at Ford Escape.  I was very skeptical but we went to see it over the thanksgiving weekend and did a test drive.  It took me by a surprise, but I LOVED it.  I will have to test drive some more cars, but so far, I like it very much!  
  • Baby registry:  It's work in progress and I am reading reviews of items as I pick, so I don't have much on my registries at BRU & BBB.  When we went to BRU a couple of weeks ago, we quickly got overwhelmed and didn't get much done, so I am asking my bestie for a help!  In fact, we are going to BRU together tomorrow, so I am so excited!!            
Phew....those are my 5 goals to complete during December!!!  Let's push push push.

No comments:

Post a Comment