Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Week 26 & 3 Days: Almost Christmas

I knew December was going to fly by, but I cannot believe that Christmas is only a week away!

Holiday Traditions:
Since I met my DH, I have been doing more Xmasy stuff.  He LOVEs Christmas and so do I :) 
  • Shows - Every year, we go see Xmas play and/or ballet.  We went to see Nutcracker last weekend are going to see Christmas Carol this Friday.  I love love them both!!  One year, I bought tickets for Trans Siberian Orchestra without knowing what they really are.  I thought they played Xmas classical music, so I invited in-laws for this event.  OMG....they were rock band rocking Xmas songs!!!  They were awesome, but I think my in-laws must've had a heart attack!   
  • Train display - There are a couple of places in Cincinnati to see some awesome train & Christmas displays.  This year, I bought a groupon deal for a place called Entertrainment Junction in West Chester, so I am excited to check it out.
  • Christmas ornament - We buy a new ornament every year to put on our tree.  It typically means something...something which represents special about the year.  Since there were multiple events, I decided to order a personalized ornament from Shutterfly.  It looks like a cube and I could put several pictures, so I put the baby's u/s, house in progress, our vacation place pictures. 
  • Xmas card - Shutterfly is my goto website for a photo related items.  Usually, my pets are the model, but I think it will be our new baby next year!  How exciting!!!!
  • Gift exchange - We make a big breakfast on the morning of Eve and open our presents!  I cannot wait him to open my presents!!!!  

Onesie Exchange: 
What a great idea and fun thing to do!  jmorta04 from PAIF posted about doing an onesie exchange, so I signed up.  Several girls signed up for this event and Elfster picks your exchange buddy.  We are supposed to mail an onesie with a personal message card, so I sent out mine early this week and looks like my exchange buddy got it today :)

Also, I received mine from Jackiejoey530 last night!!!  It was a package of girly 3 onesies and they are sooo adorable!!!  I will always remember about this special gift when my baby girl wears them.    

This event warmed my heart.  Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!!!! 

Special Onesies from Secret Santa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment