Friday, December 14, 2012

Week 25 & 6 Days: First Experiences!

Today, I am going to write about some of my new experiences this week!

Chiropractic:
Soooo....my butt muscle pain (a.k.a. sciatic nerve pain) isn't going anywhere and I feel like it's getting worse, so I thought about trying to see a chiropractor for the first time in my life.  I had a first assessment appointment this Wednesday and I was very curious what they would do....

I chose this chiropractor because it looks like she works with pregnant women a lot, so I felt good about her.  She was very nice when I met her.  She asked several questions regarding my health and the pain.  Whenever a physician or chiropractor ask "Have you recently had a major surgery?"  I always say "I am not sure if it's considered a "major surgery", but I did have an IVF to conceive this baby.  At this point, I am not sure if there is any difference b/w a natural conception and conception via ART, but I want to let them know my history just in case.       

After the assessment, she asked me to stand in front of a wall and she took pictures via her iPad (High tech!).  She ran the pictures through some assessment software and printed out the result.  Then she asked me to do certain postures/movements to see if anything hurts my buttock.  According to her, my hip isn't aligned.  I could tell from the printout.  It also showed that I am bending a little more forward than the standard.  She said my shoulders are stiff, so she asked what I do for work.  This all make sense to me!  I mostly sit in front of my computer at work and my work desk is too low, so I usually have to bend forward a little.  When I go get a massage, they always tell me that I have a stiff shoulder. 

Then, she said "I am going to adjust your hip".  I had to lay down with my belly down, so I was a bit nervous, but she used a special pillow to cushion my belly.  She pushed down my hip and it didn't hurt!  She also cracked my spine a little and that wasn't bad at all.  I am going back next week for a re-check.

Babysitting:       
As I mentioned earlier in my blog, my BFF has a newborn baby and she is almost 3 months (Time flies)!  She is taking 3 months off, but she & her DH are struggling little bit with communicating each other, so I suggested that 2 of them go on a date and we will watch the baby one night!  My DH and I have never babysat an infant before.  We both have nephews/nieces, but they don't live nearby, so we don't get to babysit them. 

We are babysitting her tonight and we are both so excited for our first opportunity to be with the baby girl.  We hope we can change her diaper, feed and swaddle and play with her.  My BFF tells me how important it is to swaddle her baby to calm her down, so I decided to watch YouTube videos on "How to Swaddle" & "How to Change a Diaper".  Thanks to the recent technology and free education from YouTube!!!  I used a piece of tissue and my medicine bottle to practice swaddle.  I got it and I feel like a super nanny LOL

My first swaddled baby LOL
Xmas Cards:
Yay, they have been ordered via Shutterfly and I am sending out the last batch out today!  I always make our Xmas cards by using Shutterfly and have been using our pets as Xmas models.  Xmas cards are not new to me, but mentioning about our future baby girl is totally a new experience!!!
Cannot wait to meet you, my sweet pea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment