Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Week 32 & Day 3: 53 Days Until Due Date!

WHAT??  It's only 53 days away until my due date?  I was surprised to see that when I saw the bump ticker today.  If I simply calculate the 40 weeks of pregnancy, it converts into 280 days.  I have completed 81% of my pregnancy process.  WOW! 

I am looking back all the weeks which have passed and it makes so much sense why there are 3 trimesters.  They are different and here are quick recaps of my pregnancy experience.

1st Tri
- Morning sickness started around 8 weeks.  I had to put something in my mouth so often, otherwise, I would get nauseous.  I had a food aversion esp. meat, veggies and some of my favorite food.  Pasta & potato were my lifesavers.  I love cooking, but I couldn't bring myself to cook some nights. 

- Mentally, I was sooooo scared of something bad might happen.  Especially after I found out that one of 2 embies didn't survive in my body, I learned that my body isn't all that safe and secure.  My OB told me that my progestrone level is excellent and I am a great candidate for having twins, so that made me think my uterus was like a 5 star hotel, but I was totally wrong.  I had so many nightmares during the 1st tri and my anxiety was out of roof.

2nd Tri
- I felt more pregnant and pregant as weeks went by.  U/S from my NT scan blew my mind that there is in deed a baby in me.  The baby was jumping up and down, busy sucking her thumb, etc.  I felt a precious life in me. 

- Pregnancy annoucement.  Such a great feeling to share the wonderful news with family and friends, but I felt there is no turning back.  I often thought how I would react or what to say to people if we lost our baby.  Like everyone says, I had a lot of energy during 2nd trimester.  Eventually, I overcame my fear and started enjoying my pregnancy.  I bought many baby books and frequent trips to baby stores.   

- Gender reveal.  It was a nerve racking but over the moon experience.  My DH didn't want to find out the gender so we have a surprise to look forward to.  I understand why some ppl don't want to find out, but here is what I felt when we found out.  Until the gender reveal, I felt "we are having a baby" and it was a baby in general, but finding out that "we are having a daughter" was a very special moment.  To me, it gave me more realistic expectations and made my baby and I closer. 

- Feeling baby's movement.  This is one of the best experiences during the pregnancy.  I started feeling my baby moves day after we found out the gender.  It's so innocent, soothing and intimate experience.  This really helped to ease my pregnancy anxiety.

3rd Tri   
- My belly really popped and I look obviously pregnant.  I actually really really love my look in 3rd trimester!  I never appreciated beauty of pregnant women before, but I do now.  They look absolutely stunning!!!  I started noticing more pregnancy & baby stores in town.   

- Physically, I am feeling more uncomfortable every week.  At this point, I cannot seem to find a comfortable posture on my couch, so the best is to lay on my sides.  However, I am quite lucky that I am sleeping really well.  My baby sleeps when I am sleeping, so she has never woken me up.  I do get up to go pee middle of the night, but I can usually fall right back to sleep.  Speaking of pee, it's embrassing, but I sometimes pee in my pants when I sneeze or laugh really loud!!  I cannot help it!!!    

- Increase in appetite, esp. sweets.  I seldom needed deserts after dinner but it's a must item now.  I would usually order more meaty type breakfast (eggs/ham,etc) when we go for a brunch on weekend, but empty calories items such as pancakes/french toasts are so much more appetizing to me now!          


Let's see what coming up days/weeks/month will bring, but I cannot contain my excitement because it's getting closer every day to finallly meet our baby girl !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment