Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 9 & 2 Days: Hello There, Morning Sickness!

I read somewhere 75% of pregnant women experience morning sickness.  The rest of them don't feel anything much and breeze through their pregnancy process.  I know a girl who didn't know that she was pregnant until 5 months until when she felt a movement in her belly.  I didn't really have a symptom of m/s, so I thought I won't have any.....WRONG!! 

It kicked in when I hit 8 weeks.  The name "Morning Sickness" is so deceiving because it comes and goes throughout the day.  Mine is not as bad as some other people, but it's new to me so I need to get used to this!  Here are a couple of strange phenomenons I started experiencing
  • I lost appetite for food and I don't know what I want to eat.  My favorite food such as Pasta, Asian food, Fillet, Cookies & Cream ice cream, etc are not too appetiting to me anymore.  
  • I am not hungry, but if I don't put something in my stomach, nausia starts.  I keep eating so often and it's actually tiring.
  • I became picky about certain food.  I cannot absolutely eat certain food I used to eat: Strawberry, Cookies & Cream ice cream, yogurt, corn, etc   
Last week was tough because I wasn't prepared for m/s and didn't know what works and what doesn't.  I got some ideas from girls from the PAIF, so here are my food stock for the week!

My survival food for the week 9
My DH planned a surprise dinner date on Saturday night.  He remembered that I had a big craving for a greasy hamburger sometimes on week 7, so he planned a theme date night called "Old America"  He took me to a Red Robins for burgers and we went to play a putt-putt!  It was so much fun and I had my first hole-in-one!  The place gave nme an ice cream sandwitch because I got a hole-in-one, so I ate it on the way home.  Unfortunately.......my baby didn't like it.  It made me almost vomit when I got home.  Yikes...I guess I have to get an approval from him/her on food.  My comment to him/her was..."Hey, little guy/girl, you are in charge of me now, so you decide whatever you want, I will eat / not eat!!!!"        

Other physical changes
I think my cramp is gone, but my belly is bloated.  I know I am not considered showing yet, so this is just a bloat, but I know there is a tiny little but beautiful life in me :)  Oh, I learned that it's no longer a embryo.  It's a fetus from the week 9, so it is (I hate to call it a "it"!) a size of an olive and she/he is becoming more like a baby. 

I stopped Crinone progestrone gel so my infection (Yes, Crinone gave me a something similar to yeast infection!) is gone, too!      

Sleeping posture is a big challenge.  I heard that sideway is the best, but I tend to move while sleeping, so I have an extra pillow between my lesg to keep myself positioned right.
Belly Bloat

No comments:

Post a Comment