Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Week 10 & 3 Days: Prenatal Yoga & Fetal Doppler

Prenatal Yoga
I started going to a prenatal yoga class.  I used to take a hot yoga class in this studio and I loved it but I stopped going after I started my IVF cycle b/c I heard that extream heat is not a good thing.  I ABSOLUTELY love this prenatal class.  The class consists of 10+ pregnant ladies and before the class starts, each of us talks about the week we are in, discomfort, books we are reading, etc.  There are 2 girls who are having twins and I cannot help but to wonder if they suffered IF and had an IF treatment.  I am the newbie and youngest (in terms of the pregnancy length).  It's such a neat feeling to be surrounded by this many pregnant women and share the moment of tranquility.  The instructor Cathy is amazing and the atomospher of the class is so Zen peaceful and relaxing.      

Fetal Doppler
I went back and forth about purchasing a fetal doppler, but I decided to go ahead and order, so it arrived today.  I know some girls listen to their baby's HB for a peace of mind.  I wasn't sure if it would freak me out a little, but my purchase decision came down to this.  DH's friends are coming in town for the labor day weekend this weekend.  We don't get to see them much because they either moved to a different city or have 2+ kids and their lives are so busy.  They are having a grill out and we are planning on going.  DH said "I want to announce our pregnancy news to them."  I was like "But, I will not be in the safe zone by this Sunday..."  I told him that I will think about it.  I know I am almost there, but I am so scared of the thought that I will find out that the baby's HB stopped after we tell our friends.  I personally wanted to wait until I go into NT scan between 11 - 13 weeks and get a confirmation of the healthy baby.

DH is so excited and cannot wait to let his friends know and I totally understand, so I thought "Maybe I can purchase a fetal doppler to hear the baby's HB."  The manual came with it said it is suitable to use after the 12th week of pregnancy.  However, I have seen girls being able to detect HB earlier than that.  I gave it a shot and tried.  It came with a jel so I put decent amount on my tummy and tried to detect a HB.  Hmmmmm...it's not as easy as I thought!  I even watched YouTube video, but how do you know where the fetus is located at???!!  After trying for a couple of minutes, I thought I heard some beating sound, but I am not sure if this is it.  I guess I have to practice more at home to get a hang of it :P


Oh, one more thing! I had nosebleed twice last weekend.  It freaked me out because I never never get it.  Of course I googled bunch and learned that it's a common pregnancy symptom.  I told DH about it and he said "Yeah, I heard that women have a period from their nose when they get pregnant."  I don't know if he was serious or joking, but it cracked me up!  

No comments:

Post a Comment