Thursday, August 16, 2012

Week 8 & 5 Days: 2nd U/S and Graduation from RE

Here we go.   Today was the second U/S @ RE.  Was I nervous?  Yes, totally and scared.  I think I will always be worried about the progress & well-being of my baby until the day of his or her arrival.  I cannot help it and I think a lot of women (esp. women who struggled with IF) feel that way.

I did eventually overcame from the sadness of my other empty sac at the first u/s.  I still had a small hope that we might see something today, but at this point, there is nothing we can do.  We are blessed with one child and it was meant to be.  My focus shifted from two to one and I was so anxious about his/her progress.

Before the u/s monitor started capturing, I prayed.  I prayed that I hear good news and I DID!  He/she is there!  Looks bigger than 2 weeks ago!  We saw a flicker of the  HB and Dr. Sheiber said it's beating at 180.  My DH and I were so relieved and we got to hear a HB.  It was beating so fast, and so real.  Wow, really?  I have a life in me?  My tiny little thing is upside down now, but it looks like a mean duck with a big eye and beak !  Or a peanut from a distance :)  Other sac wasn't completely empty and had something, but it was obvious that there was no further development.      

One thing I really appreciate from struggling with IF is that IF made me more appreciative about the whole pregnancy process. Every moment is so precious and I know we will have a family with lots of love.
My Ducky (or Peanut)  <3 <3 <3
 
It was indeed a bitter sweet when Dr. Sheiber said "Well, I am going to send you OB/GYN from now on".  I need to look for a new one because we are moving to Mason, Ohio in 2 weeks.  It was sometimes hard to be at my old ob/gyn office before I started going to RE.  A lot of pregnant women and kids sometimes.  I was smiling at them when I started TTC, but the smile faded away after months of trying and not getting pregnant.  I felt bad, but I looked away most of the time.  

As I was leaving the RE office, I thanked Dr. Sheiber, nurse, receptionist & SA lab receptionist.  I was getting emotional so I was half crying.  I am glad that I choose this place.  I felt like a lost puppy when I came here, but then I felt protected by an awesome crew and my experience was great.  What an amazing and life changing job RE is.  Of course, they cannot help everyone, but the team must feel so good when their patients become successfully pregnant. My mom is a nurse and she always wanted me become one.  Being a nurse never really crossed my mind, but I would consider becoming an IVF nurse in my second life.            

No comments:

Post a Comment