Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Week 15 & 3 Days: 2nd OB Visit -> CHECK!

My anxiety was building up as the OB visit date came close.  My belly bump & boobs didn't look as big before, so that didn't help. 

To get to the point, my baby is doing well!!  The appointment was fast and simple.  They took my urine sample first and met my OB (A new one.  They have several here, so they want me to meet each of them).  My OB asked me how I am feeling.  I told her that I am nervous that I don't have a HB.  She said "I am sure you are fine, but let's first check a HB then".  She found it immediately!  I felt a relieve of waves when I heard healthy & fast HB.  The baby is fine!!  He/she is snuggling and swimming around in my belly :)  It's kinda strange and amazing to think that the tiny baby (The size of Navel Orange!) is moving around in my belly.     

While I was waiting for my appointment, I browsed magazines to read.  One magazine caught my eyes because it feature about infertility.  Instead reading fun pregnancy sections, I started reading the infertility sections.  I cannot help it.....I was touched by infertility, so I think and want to know more about it.  I know why some of my friends/family wonder why I am constantly worried, but here it is.  The magazine stated exactly what I am.   

"Women who become pregnant after infertility treatments face more complex challenges than those with a natural pregnancy.  They cannot relax; there is incredible fear and anxiety over miscarriage or birth defects.  They've usually spent years in infertility treatment, and are used to things not working out"
     
HOWEVER, I am not worried, scared or anxious 24/7!  My mood goes through a cycle.  It seems it gets worse as I get closer to an OB appointment.  I am definitely feeling more pregnant day by day.  In fact, I LOVE telling people that I am pregnant.  The word "I am pregnant" is a magic word because it makes me smile as well as everyone around me.  We went to a baby store last weekend just to browse around.  When we saw the parking sign for "Expectant Mother", we looked at each other and said "We are allowed to park here, aren't we?"  We did and felt like a million bucks!

Next big milestone is........Gender reveal in 19th week!  We are sticking to a normal ultrasound opportunity to find the baby gender.  I cannot wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment