Monday, October 8, 2012

Week 16 & 2 Days: Facebook Announcement

There is not turning back....  We are out to the public about our pregnancy and I feel so naked!!!

I was surprised by how nervous I was about posting this news on my FB.  My hands were somewhat shaking and I checked my post over and over before I finally clicked [Post].  People sometimes get into troubles because of FB.  I know some people get fired from work because of what they posted on FB.  People know about you instantly as soon as they read your posts.  FB can be convenient, cool, fun, yet deadly depends on how you use it.  I saw a documentary about FB that one girl made an announcement about her pregnancy.  Then, she had a still birth very late in her pregnancy.  She decided to post the news on her FB.  She was very upset how very few people commented on her post.  Because of the experience, she was so afraid to post her second pregnancy news on the FB.  I felt really bad for her, but I don't blame her friends.  I wouldn't be able to reply to a FB post like that.  It's already really difficult to say anything positive or supporting when a tragedy happens to people, and FB reply is so public and  impersonal, so it's not appropriate sometimes.

My DH texted me that he got tons of texts from his friends.  DH has a FB page, but he rarely checks it, so it made me smile to hear his friends are trying to reach him out with more personal approach.  Some of our friends in distance already have kids and we are asked "Are you guys trying?  Do you guys want kids?" whenever we see them, so I am so happy to let them know "YES, it's finally happening!"                   

I took a quick look at Week 16 pregnancy news and learned that the baby can pick up my voice!!!  I am so thrilled about it and started talking to my belly right away :)

I ordered this T-shirt for Candy and used it for the FB announcement!

            

No comments:

Post a Comment