Thursday, October 25, 2012

Week 18 & 5 Days: Almost A/S & Recent Purchase

A/S is around the corner:
My big A/S day is next Tuesday and my anxiety has been creeping up, gah!  My belly looks more round than a couple of weeks ago (it used to be a bump in the lower belly), so I think there is a progress in terms of my belly size.

I think I am doing really good in terms of having an ultrasound next week, but I know I started feeling a bit more anxious this week because all the dreams I am having in the past couple of days!!  They are all "Being Chased" dreams and I again had one last night.  I was chased by zombies this time.  I ususally don't get caught and to my surprise, I was actually fighting with those zombies!  I don't know where zombies came from but I am thinking it's the Halloween effect!

This is what one of the dream analyzing websites said:  "Chase dreams are one of several common dream themes, stemming from feelings of anxiety in your waking life. Flee and flight is an instinctive response to a physical threat in the environment. In such dreams, the scenario often features you being pursued by an attacker, an animal, a monster or an unknown figure, who wants to hurt or possibly kill you. Consequently, you run, you hide or you try to outwit your pursuer. Your actions in the dream parallel how you would respond to pressure and cope with fears, stress or various situations in your waking life.

To make my annoying being-chased dream go away, I decided to try the fetal doppler again.  I haven't really had a success up to this point.  I did something different this time though.  I used a Vaseline Aloe Moisturizer (smells fantastic) and read a tip from the instruction guide and tried the doppler 30 minutes after my lunch.  It WORKED!  I heard strong beats.  It disappeared so I guess the baby was swiming around!  No problem, I could find the HB again :)

More books to read:    
I made 2 book purchases recently.  I like [Baby Bargains] so far because it's not all about finding bargain items, but also this book talks a lot about safety of the baby items, so it was very educational to me.  It also gave me an idea to take a look at baby items at Pottery Barn Kids Outlet and looks like there is one about one hour from my house!

I need to start thinking how we can raise a bilingual child.  I really want my kids to be able to understand and speak Japanese.  It's a big benefit for them in the future and I want my kids to speak with my family in Japanese.  Phew, having a baby isn't just about breatfeeding and changing diapers.  There are a lot of things to think about!!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment