Friday, January 11, 2013

Week 29 & 6 Days: Baptism Prep Class

Even though my baby girl is not here yet, looking into a baptism is one of things on our mind.  10 months of pregnancy seems a plenty time to get ready for our baby, but I feel like we are running out of time!!  We are still in the process of finding a daycare & pediatrician and prepping a nursary.  Those items do take time!

My DH was born and raised in a catholic family.  On the other hand, I didn't grow up around religion, so I decided to become a catholic before we got married.  We actively started going to a church a year and half ago.  I love our church and it helped us so much during our fertility struggles as well as pregnancy.  I remember about this friendly family of mom/dad/daughter started talking to us when we started going to this church.  We found out that the mom works for an adoption agency.  We were going through fertility treatments when we met, so I really thought an adoption was our calling.  Thankfully, IVF worked and we didn't have to pursue an adoption, but I did some research about an adoption here and there.     

Anyway, we met a baptism coordinator last night.   There was another couple in the class who already had a baby 4 months ago. When the baptism coordinator introduced herself and told her background, I immediately connected her.  She said she struggled with infertility so they ended up having quadruplets! Then, she was blessed for miracle children afterwords, so she has 6 kids.  Of course, I didn't raise my hand or speak up and said, "We also had infertility issue!", but it made me really emotional.  I think I will always have a big respect and connection to those who went through fertility issues.

She explained the background of a baptism as well as the procedures.  Having god parents are important for this sacrement.  We haven't picked one yet and it turned out that this decision isn't easy to make.  We are between DH's sister/husband & our couple friend.  We need to figure out our personal criteria to pick an appropriate god parents for our baby.  Family v.s. Friend....   DH's sister/her DH are little younger and bit immature.  They are trying to have a baby, but they still smoke and party.  I know they are good with kids and his family will be there with us forever.  On the other hand, our friends are mature, have a baby and amazing people.  However, will our friendship be forever?  My DH's god mother was a best friend of his mom, but they never see her anymore.  I don't know....we need to talk more in deepth on god parents...

How am I doing lately?    
  • BH - Feeling frequent Braxton Hicks.  It's not uncomfortable, but my belly becomes rock solid!  It does happen randomly and it hits me even when I am walking on the treadmill.
  • Hiccups - I didn't know what this feeling was but I found out it was my baby doing hiccups!!!  It's like slow heartbeats with a rythm.  Very soft muscle plasm.  My baby is having hiccups..how cute is that!!!   
  • Leg Cramp - Not liking this!  Thankfully, I only experienced this twice, but it happens middle of the night.  It woke me up and hurt like hell!!!!  Looks like this is pretty common pregnancy condition.
  • Linea Nigra - The line on my belly....it's not too dark yet, but I see it!!!  I don't have stretch marks yet though! 
  • Bump - Bigger!!!  I popped and love my pregnancy look :)  I decided I wanna do maternity photos, so that's another checklist item to hit soon!  
 
Recent photo of my bump!  I gotta take more pic often

No comments:

Post a Comment