Friday, January 25, 2013

Week 31 & Day 6: Monthly OB Appointment

It's a snowy day in Cincinnati, so I was extra careful when I went outside this morning.  I already gave up my favorite shoes with heels a while back when I found out that I was pregnant.  Since I am small, I like to add more hights by wearing heels, but not during my pregnancy.  UGG boots are my life saver this winter!

As I expected, there was nothing special about my visit to OB today.  I gave my urine sample and a nurse took my BP and checked my weight.  I gained 4 pounds from a months ago.  After that, my OB checked the baby's HB and measured my belly.  She said "Your baby and you are doing fantastic so far!"  I wish I could see her on the u/s...but it was really soothing to hear her fast and good HB!  I asked OB what my baby's orientation is because I thought she is head down now.  I was WRONG!  She touched my belly and said "The baby is probably in the sideway position."  It's kinda funny that a baby can position herself/himself in certain ways in a tight uterus!  I feel my baby often, but I am just curious where her head is or if it's her arms/legs when I feel movements.  I heard preg women would need to go pee more once the baby's head is down.  I drink a lots of water, so my bathroom trips are frequent already.  Maybe, I will notice this eventually.

My OB visit is set for every 2 weeks from now on.  It's officially less than 2 months away from my due day, so I cannot contain my excitement!!!

How am I doing?        

Some days are a bit uncomfortable esp. after I come back from work and my sciatic nerve pains are back, but I am not complaining!!!  I realized how much I enjoy being pregnant.  I might change my mind once I experience "This is really uncomfortable stage" later, but I am so happy that I could get pregnant.  I look back sometimes where I was at and how I was feeling a year ago, being able to get pregnant repaints my world from gray to sunny blue sky.

Oh, infant car seat canopy arrived :)  The order took a while b/c this particular type was back order, but it was worth the wait!  I love the color and print inside out.  Actually, this was free from http://www.carseatcanopy.com/.  I only paid its shipping cost and an optional embroidery of our baby girl's name.  I was a bit worried about the quality since it was free, but it's really good!  The inside is so soft and I can use it for all year round.  I cannot WAIT to share our baby girl name...Miss H.. :)     

Personalized Car Seat Canopy

No comments:

Post a Comment