Monday, January 21, 2013

Week 30 & Day 6: Day Care & Pediatrician Check *2!

Wow, I stepped in the 30th week!!!!  Moving from 20 week to 30 week feels different.  I feel more pregnant and I notice some physical changes, too!

I have been feeling my belly stretching more.  It doesn't hurt, but it's not a pleasant feeling.  Oh well, my baby is growing, I guess!  I am also guessing my baby turned her head down now because I am having new sensation in the past couple of days.  First of all, I feel her hiccups in the lower belly.  Second of all, I feel some movements below my boobs and I am wondering if they are her legs!  Lastly, I feel more pressure in the lower belly.  I know a baby can change her/his orientation anytime and I don't have to concern about this yet, but it's really interesting to pay attention to changes.  Oh, I am getting sweet cravings!  Even I am so full from dinner, I cannot go without eating some sort of desert every night.   

Day Care   

YES YES YES!!!!  We finally found the ONE we feel comfortable sending our daugher to.  I have to say it took a couple of months to choose one and I am so relieved the searching for a day care is over.  We went to visit 5 different facilities and we chose the last one we visited.  I had no idea there are so many day care places.  They are everywhere!!!  It's good that we have several choices, but I was getting overwhelmed!!! 

Here is a quick summary of day cares:

#1  -  Close to work and I can literally walk.  This was the cheapest, but the smallest building space.  The building looks old / cluttered.

#2 - On the way to my work.  It looks new and clearn inside / outside.  They have "watch me grow" camera system so I can log in and monitor my baby from the Internet.  Go-Green focus.  Price - a bit high

#3 - On the way to my work. Well known day care (aka Kindercare).  Strong educational curriculum.  Diverse environment (both babies and teachers).  Price is same as #2

#4 - Close to my house.  Price is great and includes diapers!  It looks clean and organized.  There is a big gym room for kids to run around and play when the weather is bad outside.  Day care staff seem questionable...

#5 - Close to my house.  Price is average.  The building looks nice and clearn inside and outside.  They have "watch me grow" camera in each room.  Tons of activies for kids and parents (e.g. Parents date night).  Teach Spanish and Japanese from 18 mon!!!!

#5 wasn't under the rader at all and I just saw it on the way to #4, so I said to DH "Let's check it out just in case".  I am sooooo glad we did because we both felt great about #5.  I couldn't believe that this place teaches Japanese to toddlers.  That was a total surprise and bonus.  I am huge fun of diversity and having multi-cultural environment for my kids is very important for me. 

The key of choosing the right place was to bring my DH to the facility tour.  He noticed something I missed and gave great input.          

Pediatrician

We are done with this item, too!  By the way, pediatricians are everywhere, too.  I got a list of recommended places from my OB and went to angieslist.com to check their reviews.  I picked 2 based on the review and setup an meet & greet appointment.

#1 - A bit out of way from our house.  Smaller clinic with 2 doctors.  Their buiding is newer and has a cool fish tank!  One of the nurse is a lactation consultant.  Friendly staff and we met both doctors.  They seem very nice and answered all our questions.

#2 - Closer to our house.  Bigger clinic with several doctors.  Open until 8 during weekdays and Saturday afternoon.  The meet and greet session was very formal and professional and they gave us a packet to take home (plus cookies & chocolate!).  One nurse who attended the session was a lactation consultant.  Has a lab in the building and the staff seem knowledgable.               

To be honest, we liked both.  The biggest difference is that #1 offers more personal approach as there are only 2 doctors, so he/she will get to know our baby personally.  However, other places will give us flexibility on who to see when our baby gets sick.  We really liked the longer business hour and weekend hour.  #2 meet and greet was so professionally done, so we felt good.  I like that both places have a nurse with lactation professional background.

We agreed to pick #2 and didn't feel needs to see anymore facility, so this item is off of my to-do list!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment