Thursday, June 21, 2012

CD 26: Belly Shots (Not Body Shots!)

Today was my day 1 of stimulation cycle.  I am supposed to give myself a shot b/w 4pm and 10pm.  Since I had my sandV game @ 7:15, I had to do the shot right after I come back from work.

What is Gonal F?   This is used with Ovulation Induction to help ovaries make more eggs.

Gonal F is securely stored in a refrigerator, so I took it out of the fridge for 15 minutes.  The shot looks like a pen.  I take a cap, clean the surface area, stick the needle, set the gage (225), clean my belly, stub into my belly, push the end until it stops clicking and remain still for 5 seconds.  The needle size is about the same as a trigger shot.  Honestly, I felt NOTHING.  It's always scary to do anything for the first time, but the shot didn't hurt and it was a piece of cake :-)

Our team won 3 sets of games tonight, yay!  On the way home, I stopped at a gas station to get Gatorade. I have been seeing posts about OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome).  It's really dangerous and painful, so I need to be cautious about this.  I usually got 2 matured follies during Femara cycle, but I never know how much my body would respond to the stim shots.  Prevention includes:  Gatorade, salty snack & protein, etc.  I am starting my prevention from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment