Tuesday, June 26, 2012

CD 31: Triple Shots - Stim Day 6

I have been dreading the day of triple belly shots....
I have been using Gonal F Pen for the past 5 days, but now it's time to add two more shots (Menopur & Ganirelix), yikes!

What is Menopur?  Menopur is 50% FSH and 50% LH as opposed to Gonal-f which is pure 100% FSH hormone

What is Ganirelix?  Ganirelix is a prescription fertility medication also known by the names Ganirelix Acetate and Antagon. It helps fertility doctors control ovulation in women who are undergoing fertility treatment by helping to slow down the production of hormones such as estrogen.

I did hear some girls saying Menopur & Ganirelix sting and burn.  I was going to at least try it normally, but I was too scared, so I iced my belly really well (I used frozen peas LOL) before injected those shots.

As for Menopur, I was told that I could mix it with Gonal F.  Menopur comes with 2 bottles:  one is a liquid and other one is powder.  I use a syringe provided to collect 1 ml of solution.  I pour that solution into the bottle with powder.  Don't shake it, but gently turn right and left so that powder dissolve in the liquid.  Then, I add Gonal F (112 dose) into the Menopur.  I need to change the needle from a big one to a little one to inject.  I injected slowly into my cold belly.  The injection was kind of hard to push and felt really long...

After I was done with it, I went right into the Ganirelix shot.  The needle is bigger so it's a bit tougher to poke into my skin, but I did it.  THANKS TO THE ADVICE TO ICE.  I felt a little bit but not too bad.    

Emotionally....I am such a mess.  I am so worried about so many things and it bothered me that Joe didn't text or call to check on me before my shots today.  I thought he knew how scared I was so I was hoping for some support there.  Plus, this boating trip with friends this weekend thing...GAH!  As ER arround the corner, I just am not capable to caring others now.  I hate to feel that I am selfish, but I am dealing with my fear & emotions one day at a time and I cannot think anything but me.

I called my mom in Japan and felt good.  Later, Joe came to apologize and comforted me, so I felt better.        

No comments:

Post a Comment