Thursday, July 5, 2012

CD 40: Egg Transfer - The final stage of IVF

Today was a big day because it was my egg trasfer date.  I wasn't sure how many embies survived up to today, so I was quite anxious.  I took a shower, ate breakfast and got ready.  They told me to drink a half bottle of water before coming so I did.  My appointment was @ 10:45 am and my DH was already there when I got there.  We waited for a while in the waiting room.  I started worrying "Are they having some issues with my embies?"  And also, I started getting an urge to pee!

We got finally called and I had to tell my nurse, I have to go to pee.  She let me go and gave me a apple juice to drink before ET.   

It was cool for DH to come to the procedure room.  He had to wear the hospital gown and he actually looked hot!  The procedure room was next to where ER was conducted.  The IVF nurse was the same one from ER, so I was glad.  They had a special gurney and a monitor.  Dr. Sheiber came in with a big smile and he said 2 embies are developing so well.  I was soooo happy to hear that.  Looks like 3 are still hanging there and growing.  If they made it to tomorrow, my clinic will freeze them.  I am sending big hurray to them. 

My doctor gave me a print of 2 embies.  They look like choclate chip cookies! 

The procedure was so fast and I didn't really feel anything.  It went so smooth and they pointed where the litttle embies landed on the ultrasound monitor.  It was external ultrasound for the first time.  Gosh, I am finally done with the vaginal u/s!  After the transfer, they gave a container where my embies were growing.  It brought me tear.  Our journey is not over yet, but I cannot believe we have come this far together.  Dr. and the nurse left and I had to lay down for 20 min so me and my hubby talked about our emotions.  It's amazing feeling. 

The 1st Beta is 7/17 and it feels so far, but I hope my embies found a nice cozy spot and keep growing.  At  this point, there is nothing anyone can do.  I just need to have a faith and be patient that they will grow.   
Chugging apple juice

2 rock star embies & container they were growing

2 embies placed in my uterus
I was told to take it easy and rest on the couch today, so that's exactly I did all day today.  I watched Guiliana & Bill on netflix and my friend came over to chat, so afternoon flew by fast.  It's strange but I feel like I am already a mom!  My hubby came home to cook pasta for me and he was super sweet.  I feel so blessed and very happy today :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment