Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CD 52: Beta #1 - Happiest Moment

I want to shout out to the world that "I AM PREGNANT!!". 

I went in for b/w @ 8:30.  The nurse was very nice and good at drawing blood, so I didn't feel anything.  She said "They will call you in a couple of hours".  I went back to work, but my mind was somewhere.  I still have this tiny cramp like my AF is coming and my boobs are a lot more sore this morning, but I started thinking "If my Beta was BFN, I must've been insane feeling this".  My cell rang around 11:30 and I saw my clinic number.  My heart stopped.  I took a deep breath and wait till it rang 3 times.

I could tell immediately it was good news.  It's funny how voice can tell if it's good or bad news.  It was an IVF nurse who was at my ER/ET.  She said "Congratulations.  You are pregnant and your number is 616."  I started crying and I couldn't believe that I am finally hearing this.  She said not to lift anything heavier than 25b and continue prenatal vitamins and progestrone (only once per day).  This part confused me little bit and she said I am considered 4 weeks along.  WHAT?  HOW?  It's been only 18 days since my ER.  I am having a Beta #2 on Monday (She wanted me to come back 2 days from now on, but we are going to St. Louis for a mini vacation).  She wants me and DH to come back for a OB Scan on 8/2.  This is when we can see how many embies (or babies??) are in me.  8/3 is my 35th birthday, so this will be an amazing birthday gift for us!!!!  I will be considered 6 weeks along (HOW?).  I am not sure how the calculation works, but I was too overwhelmed to even ask!

I ran to a store to get a pregnancy test.  I didn't POAS even once for my cycle and I had to see the positive line for the first time in my life.  Here it is...The cross line appeared immediately and positive.  This is so exciting!!!!! 

I called my DH.  I couldn't get hold of him first and he called me back. I used my low voice and pretended that it wasn't good news, but I said "I am pregnant".  I could tell his excitement over the phone!!!!  He had to go back to work, but I know we will be celebrating this tonight.  I sent a text to my BFF.  She called me and she was soooooooo happy!  I am so excited that we are now both pregnant!  She will be my mentor and I cannot wait to step in a new chapter of our lives together.  My mom called earlier, but my result wasn't in, so I told her that I will call her back.  It was past midnight in Japan by the time I called, so I couldn't get hold of her.  I think she is going to freak out! 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!  I am so thankful for the positive vibes and supports.  I am still walking on the winding road, but I am just enjoying the moment of happiness.
Positive <3 <3 <3
After I came back from work....
DH came home earlier than he said and surprised me with this!  He is so excited about the positive beta!!!!!
I love my hubby, mwah!


                     

2 comments:

  1. They figure "how far long" you are just like they do if you had conceived naturally, which in that case is from the first day of your last period. In a natural cycle, say AF started April 1, and then you ovulated April 14th and found out you were pregnant on April 28th you would be 4 weeks pregnant. Which is weird since for two of those weeks, you totally weren't. But, that's how they calculate it. So with IVF cycles it's your ER date minus two weeks and that's how far along you are. In your case, 32 days. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Erin
    Thanks for letting me know how the calculation works! This is all new to me, so I have a lot to learn :)

    ReplyDelete