Friday, July 13, 2012

CD 48: Ran into Someone I Knew from Old Work

I always wondered what I would do if I ran into someone I knew at my fertility clinic.  Would I be friendly?  Would I be awkward?  Maybe, we would become really good friends since we can relate to each other?

It then actually happened!  I had a U/S appointment for IVF a couple of weeks ago and it took me off guard.  I didn't know her too well, but I saw her leaving the lab.  Looks like she just picked up her DH's thing.  We had a brief conversation and she told me that it was her IUI#2.  She gave me a quick summary why she was there.  I was a confused by what she said...She said, both her and her DH have been happy with not having kids, but her mom is giving them pressures to TTC.  They haven't had sex for months and having some issue there.  Hmmmm....is their issue maybe not a fertility, but their intimacy problem?  Sounds like they didn't really "TTC" but decided to seek a help from RE.  Strange...  She also said, DH didn't go with her to the initial consultation. WHAT?  Isn't that the most important thing?  When I asked what fert meds and process she is going through, she didn't know that name.  She didn't know that she was doing IUI & Famera.  WHAT, REALLY??  Fertility treatment involves new experience & scary things, so I would think people do some research to be knowledgeable.  I don't want to judge her, but I think this is pretty darn important.        

She texted me today that her IUI #2 was a bust.  She was hopeful because she had 3 good follies.  I felt bad for her that it didn't work.  I know how she feels because I've been there.  I asked her if her RE told her about next plan such as IVF.  She said she hasn't asked about a further step, but will try one more IUI.    

I don't know anyone who is struggling with IF around me.  The person I share most about my IF is my BFF who is 7 months pregnant.  She has been amazing and there for me when I need, but I wonder what it is like to be able to talk to someone who is in my shoes sometimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment